1. Trang A, Kampangkaew J, Fernandes R, Tiwana J, Misra A, Hamzeh I, et al. Understanding by General Providers of the Echocardiogram Report. The American Journal of Cardiology. 2019;124(2):296-302.
2. Lancellotti P, Price S, Edvardsen T, Cosyns B, Neskovic AN, Dulgheru R, et al. The use of echocardiography in acute cardiovascular care: recommendations of the European Association of Cardiovascular Imaging and the Acute Cardiovascular Care Association. European Heart Journal-Cardiovascular Imaging. 2014;16(2):119-46.
3. Gandhi R. Increasing the Daily Throughput of Echocardiogram Patients using Discrete Event Simulation [Master's thesis]: University of Toronto; 2013.
4. Munt B, O’Neill B, Koilpillai C, Gin K, Jue J, Honos G, et al. Treating the right patient at the right time: Access to echocardiography in Canada. Canadian Journal of Cardiology. 2006;22(12):1029-33.
5. Castro E, Petrovic S. Combined mathematical programming and heuristics for a radiotherapy pre-treatment scheduling problem. Journal of Scheduling. 2012;15(3):333-46.
6. Saure A, Patrick J, Tyldesley S, Puterman ML. Dynamic multi-appointment patient scheduling for radiation therapy. European Journal of Operational Research. 2012;223(2):573-84.
7. Pena SM, Lawrence N. Analysis of wait times and impact of real-time surveys on patient satisfaction. Dermatologic Surgery. 2017;43(10):1288-91.
8. Murray M, Berwick DM. Advanced access: reducing waiting and delays in primary care. JAMA. 2003;289(8):1035-40.
9. Gupta D, Denton B. Appointment scheduling in health care: Challenges and opportunities. IIE Transactions. 2008;40(9):800-19.
10. Cayirli T, Veral E. Outpatient scheduling in health care: a review of literature. Production and Operations Management. 2003;12(4):519-49.
12. Batun S, Begen MA. Optimization in healthcare delivery modeling: Methods and applications. Handbook of Healthcare Operations Management: Springer; 2013: 75-119.
13. Ahmadi-Javid A, Jalali Z, Klassen KJ. Outpatient appointment systems in healthcare: A review of optimization studies. European Journal of Operational Research. 2017;258(1):3-34.
14. Bailey NT. A study of queues and appointment systems in hospital out‐patient departments, with special reference to waiting‐times. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society: Series B (Methodological). 1952;14(2):185-99.
15. Hong Y-C, Cohn A, Epelman MA, Alpert A. Creating resident shift schedules under multiple objectives by generating and evaluating the Pareto frontier. Operations Research for Health Care,. 2018, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.orhc.2018.08.001
16. Volland J, Fügener A, Brunner JO. A column generation approach for the integrated shift and task scheduling problem of logistics assistants in hospitals. European Journal of Operational Research. 2017;260(1):316-34.
17. Brunner JO, Bard JF, Kolisch R. Flexible shift scheduling of physicians. Health Care Management Science. 2009;12(3):285-305.
18. Nguyen TBT, Sivakumar AI, Graves SC. A network flow approach for tactical resource planning in outpatient clinics. Health care management science. 2015;18(2):124-36.
19. Choi S, Wilhelm WE. On capacity allocation for operating rooms. Computers & Operations Research. 2014;44:174-84.
20. LaGanga LR, Lawrence SR. Appointment overbooking in health care clinics to improve patient service and clinic performance. Production and Operations Management. 2012;21(5):874-88.
21. Aringhieri R, Landa P, Soriano P, Tànfani E, Testi A. A two-level metaheuristic for the operating room scheduling and assignment problem. Computers & Operations Research. 2015;54:21-34.
22. Marchesi JF, Pacheco MAC, editors. A genetic algorithm approach for the master surgical schedule problem. Evolving and Adaptive Intelligent Systems (EAIS), 2016 IEEE Conference on; 2016: IEEE.
23. Fairley M, Scheinker D, Brandeau ML. Improving the efficiency of the operating room environment with an optimization and machine learning model. Health care management science. 2018, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10729-018-9457-3
25. M'Hallah R, Visintin F. A stochastic model for scheduling elective surgeries in a cyclic Master Surgical Schedule. Computers & Industrial Engineering. 2019;129:156-68.
26. Hamid M, Nasiri MM, Werner F, Sheikhahmadi F, Zhalechian M. Operating room scheduling by considering the decision-making styles of surgical team members: a comprehensive approach. Computers & Operations Research. 2019;108:166-81.
27. Atighehchian A, Sepehri MM, Shadpour P. Operating room scheduling in teaching hospitals: a novel stochastic optimization model. International Journal of Hospital Research. 2015;4(4):171-6.
28. Sadeghzadeh H, Sadat S. Increasing Operating Room Profits and Decreasing Wait Lists by Use of a Data-Driven Overbooking Model. International Journal of Hospital Research. 2018;7(2):1-20.
29. Holm LB, Bjornenak T, Kjaeserud GG, Noddeland H, editors. Using discrete event simulation and soft systems methodology for optimizing patient flow and resource utilization at the surgical unit of radiumhospitalet in Oslo, NORWAY. 2017 Winter Simulation Conference (WSC); 2017: IEEE.
30. Durán G, Rey PA, Wolff P. Solving the operating room scheduling problem with prioritized lists of patients. Annals of Operations Research. 2017;258(2):395-414.
31. Najjarbashi A, Lim GJ. A variability reduction method for the operating room scheduling problem under uncertainty using CVaR. Operations Research for Health Care. 2019;20:25-32.
32. Katsi VK, Vrachatis DA, Politi A, Papageorgiou M, Koumoulidis A, Vlasseros I, et al. Cardiac echo-lab productivity in times of economic austerity. SpringerPlus. 2014;3(1):703.
33. Bakshi S. Business process re-engineering a cardiology department. World Hospitals and Health Services: The Official Journal of the International Hospital Federation. 2013;50(2):40-5.
34. Geronimo R. Improving Stress Echocardiogram Access for Patients with Low-Risk Chest Pain in the Emergency Department Clinical Decision Unit [Master's thesis]: University of San Francisco; 2017.